Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Welcome

Hi everyone. Since this is my first post to this blog I thought I would take a moment to share the idea behind the blog.

I have been a preschool teacher for almost 11 years. I have a bachelor's in child development and am working on a master's in interactive technology. This blog is a good way for me to incorporate both interests into one.

I worked for 2 1/2 years in a privately owned child care center and have worked for the last 8 years in a university laboratory child development setting. I am a teacher of preschoolers and a lab instructor for child development majors.

In my 11 or so years I have encountered many unexpected situations with children, parents, colleagues and administration. I thought this blog would be a great place to share some of those crazy experiences and offer up some advice, if wanted, to other teachers out there as well as to parents and administration.

I guess you could call it the "Good, Bad and the Ugly". I have chosen to post anonymously because I want to feel free to express myself without fear of being judged by those who may or may not think I am referring to them. I am not out to trash anyone but as teachers we really do encounter some crazy and "I can't believe that just happened" situations. Some are funny and some are very discouraging. Hopefully we can express ourselves here and offer up some good advice and words of wisdom!!

2 comments:

  1. I have 2 children of my own, 9 years and 5 years, but I have never worked out so well in the church nursery working with other people's children. My hat is off to you and I am thankful that there are people like you who have what it takes to care for my children while I am at work!

    ReplyDelete