Friday, February 26, 2010

Coping With a Bad Boss

So I have had a few bosses in my job. They have all had very different styles of managing. Everyone is different and everyone deals with situations in a different manner. I believe in my experience the worst kind of boss is the one who micromanages their employees. First of all the employees in this situation do not feel trusted. Second I really do not care for someone who asks me to do something and then ends up taking over (control freak!). Finally it just makes for a very stressful environment!
I feel like this type of boss really can't help themselves! Most of the time they do not realize what they are doing. They also tend to focus on the negative and when they do point out something positive it just feels fake. Trust me when I say that eventually the employees loose all respect for this person and comes to expect the negative. That is never a good thing!!

Below are few articles I found helpful on how to deal with a bad boss.

Dealing With a Bad Boss

Managing Your Boss

Dealing With a Micromanaging Boss

No comments:

Post a Comment