Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Bed Rest

Sorry this is my first post this week. As I mentioned before I am about 30 weeks pregnant and have been on bed rest now for about 2 weeks. I spent most of yesterday in the doctors office. What was suppose to be a blood pressure and urine check turned into an eventful day @ the doc. My blood pressure was 148/100 at one point and they found a small amount of protein in my urine. I am now considered to have pre-eclampsia. I will now go in every week for BP and urine check as well as an ultrasound and stress test. I was given an ultrasound yesterday and the baby looks great! He already weighs 3 1/2 lbs. which is about a pound more than expected. I also had a stress test yesterday and he did great for that also. So, he is doing his part and I am trying to keep up my end of the deal with bed rest and following the doctors orders.

I have received some great advice from moms who went through he same thing and lots of words of encouragement. I am very thankful to have such wonderful people in my life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment